I love what I do!
I’m Teri Marenger-Browning, owner and founder of UpBeet Living. After than more than 25 years of working in the corporate world, I finally decided to step away to pursue one of my greatest passions, holistic health and nutrition. I have always been a health nut and an avid reader of all things natural. Frequenting health food and supplement stores, I’ve been cooking from the garden and brewing up my own tinctures and healing recipes long before it was considered cool. I am extremely passionate about helping others learn to live their best and most healthful and purposeful lives.
I have an appetite for living a happy, healthy, meaningful and fun filled life – which is how the name UpBeet Living became my vision, one I hope you’ll share with me!
I received my holistic nutritional training from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York City, NY In addition I am also board certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) as well as being a Certified Performance (Life) and Relationship Coach through Source Point Training in Tempe Az since 2006.
This education has extensively trained me in what I believe are the best coaching philosophies and countless nutritional and dietary theories and practices. Drawing on this knowledge, my goal is to help you create a completely personalized road map to health that resonates with your unique goals, preferences and lifestyle.
As a health coach…
- I will inspire, educate and motivate, encouraging you to explore all avenues of your life. I will help you set specific, actionable steps towards goals tailored to your individual needs, while providing support and guidance to help you attain them.
- I approach nutrition from a whole food perspective. Food is the best medicine, for prevention as well as healing. We literally are what we eat. Not only does food feed our physical bodies; it nourishes our spirit. We will not focus specifically on carbs, fats and proteins, impose restrictions or create lists of “good” and “bad” foods. Good health isn’t about deprivation or will power; it’s about growth, transformation and discovery. Together we will create a customized plan that works for you, your lifestyle, physiology and personality.
- I don’t just treat symptoms. I work with my clients to get to the underlying causes of their health concerns. We will look at how stress, sleep deprivation and lack of exercise can adversely affect our overall wellbeing. I help clients cultivate habits more conducive to their overall health and happiness, which ultimately will improve all areas of their lives.
- My coaching is goal, action and result-oriented. We live in the age of information overload. You don’t need more information; you need to know which information to use, and how to make it work for your life. My approach focuses on implementation and integration, bringing about healthy and lasting changes that will transform your life.
Here are some concepts that we will explore during our work together:
- Bio-individuality: Each person has unique food and lifestyle needs and one person’s food can be another person’s poison. There’s no one-size-fits-all diet – each of us are unique with highly individualized nutritional requirements. That’s why fad diets tend to fail in the long run. Working with this principle, I’ll support you to make positive changes based on your individual needs, lifestyle, preferences, and ancestral background.
- Integrative Nutrition Plate: We’ll emphasize the importance of eating local and organic produce, meats, whole grains, high-quality plant based proteins, and water. It shows you how a plate should appear at mealtime and emphasizes the importance of proportions and portion size. To complete the picture, this plate is surrounded by many other aspects of optimal health: relationships, career, physical activity and spirituality. I’ll introduce you to some of the most nourishing foods on the planet, and help you determine what’s healthiest for your unique body!
- Primary Food: It’s easy to overlook all the things beyond food and diet that contribute to our sense of wellbeing and fulfillment. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical exercise and spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary. I will support you in achieving all your goals, from eating the right foods for your body to living an inspired, purposeful, fun-filled life.
I am your health advocate!
As your Health Coach, I will support you in creating and living your happiest and healthiest life.
In working with me you will receive:
- A plan of ACTION that is realistic, practical and achievable
- GUIDANCE to implement and sustain your desired changes
- SUPPORT every step of the way
- ACCOUNTABILITY that will provide tools for a lifetime of success
- The CONFIDENCE to create and the life that you want!
What is not taking action costing you?
When we are proactive and invest in our health and well being, we make a commitment to living our best lives. You will recover your investment and more through savings in medications, doctor’s visits, unnecessary supplements, fad diets and ineffective treatments. You will experience increased productivity, as well as fewer sick days, and an overall healthier outlook. These are among the many benefits you’ll discover along the way.
Besides, who can put a price on more vitality, better relationships and a happier existence?
Important Disclaimer: UpBeet Living is not a licensed dietician or nutritionist, which is different from a health coach. Information received should not be construed as medical or nursing advice. The services offered are not meant to take the place of services offered by other licensed health professionals.