Lyme and Chronic Conditions
There is an old saying that “what we resist, persists”. And so it is with my journey with Lyme disease. Having always been a true foodie at heart, I was sure this is what I would build my coaching practice around. I would remain loyal to my calling while educating others, helping them lead healthier lives. In my original vision, Lyme and chronic illness were not a part of the picture.
I was diagnosed in May, 2011. Since that time, I have done extensive research on Lyme, on my own as well as with my LLMD. I’ve conferred with nutritionists, holistic healers; and also with many other amazing individuals living with chronic illnesses including Lyme. I’ve come to realize that all of my research has not been solely for my own healing, but for a much larger cause. I therefore respectfully, and with much gratitude to all, choose to continue supporting those with Lyme and other chronic illnesses as a cherished part of my coaching practice. I will openly share the knowledge I have gained, and shine my light for others on their journey to better health. Our coaching relationship will be tailored to your specific needs, co-created by us, to meet you where you are. We can include spouses, significant others and family support members, all recommended.
Here are some of the topics that can be covered in our time together, either independent of or preferably in conjunction with your doctor’s protocol:
- Understanding Lyme Disease and co-infections
- Protocols and remedies for Herxheimer reactions
- Herbs and supplements
- Support for living with chronic illnesses
- Strengthening your immune system
- Anxiety, depression and cognitive concerns
- Candida and digestive issues
- The importance of a proper diet – how to shop and prepare foods that promote healing and reduce inflammation.
- Support for creating an abundant, productive, meaningful life on your journey to wellness.
Please contact me here if you have questions or would like a schedule a confidential complementary consultation.
Resources for Lyme Disease:
Web Links and Support:
- Lyme Disease.org (formerly CALDA)
- Lyme Disease Network
- Lyme Disease one day at a time
- Lyme Loonies
Lyme Literate Medical Doctors and Naturopathic Doctors:
- Alternative Healing:
Articles and Books:
- Why Can’t I Get Better?: Solving the Mystery of Lyme & Chronic Disease, by Richard Horowitz, M.D.
- Beating Lyme an article by Pamela Weintraub
- Freedom From Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery, by Bryan Rosner
- Healing Lyme, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- The Lyme Diet: Nutritional Strategies for Healing from Lyme Disease, by Nicola McFadzean ND
Important Disclaimer: UpBeet Living is not a licensed dietician or nutritionist, which is different from a health coach. Information received should not be construed as medical or nursing advice. The services offered are not meant to take the place of services offered by other licensed health professionals.