Essential oils are one of mankinds oldest forms of medicine. Dating back to the ancient Egyptians, Chinese manuscripts and biblical references we know that essential oils have provided healing through the centuries. In today’s world these oils are becoming increasingly more commonly used not only in everyday personal use but also amongst many health practitioners, doctors and scientists who are venturing deeper into this ancient knowledge.
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. If you have ever enjoyed the gift of a rose, a walk by a field of lavender, or the smell of fresh cut mint, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. Essential oils are very versatile. They can be applied topically to different areas of the skin, diffused in the air, inhaled or added to a warm bath or soothing massage. They can be used medicinally, in skin care products, cleaning solutions and culinary delights!
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, it is fondly called the “swiss army knife” of essential oils. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is anti fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime. Therapeutic-grade lavender is also highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.Add a few drops to your drinking water or warm tea to reduce anxiety
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender oil to the affected area.
On Guard is one of DoTERRA’s signature blends and is highly effective in supporting the immune system and prospering health. It’s aromatic warm, spicy and woody components are an amazing blend of highly antiviral, antiseptic and anti-infectious essential oils which also lends itself to multiple uses for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Supports the body’s natural immune functions
- DYI disinfectant spray and hand wash
- Energizing and uplifting aroma
- Purifies the skin while promoting healthy circuation
- Cleans counter tops and used directly will disinfects your dishwasher
Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency as well as possess the ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals. Peppermint’s has also been long studied for it’s documented ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness.
- Keep a bottle of oil on your nightstand and inhale deeply upon waking for an energetic lift.
- Place a drop on hands and rub together and inhale deeply for temporary relief of head congestion.
- Massage in a drop across the forehead, temples or back of neck to ease a headache.
- Place a drop in 4 oz. of water along with a drop of Grapefruit and Lemon as an appetite suppressant.
I have incorporated DoTERRA into my Holistic Health Coaching practice because I sincerely believe and trust in DoTERRA’s wellness philosophies and their CPTG Quality Testing guarantee. Check back here often as I will be highlighting a few of my favorite oils, their benefits and different ways they can be incorporated into your life.
If you are interested in ordering oils directly from me on my DoTERRA website be sure to get in touch with me first so that I can so that I can answer any questions and help you sort through different options and oils for your specific needs. I would love to help you gain access to the wholesale pricing that I am able to enjoy!